The GIF Task Force on Education and Training (ETTF) was launched in November 2015 and was elevated to a Working Group in November 2019. It provides a platform to enhance open education and training (E&T) and facilitates communication and networking of individuals and organizations that support GIF activities.
- ETWG organizes monthly webinar series on Generation IV systems and cross-cutting methodologies.
- ETWG identifies stakeholder groups, assessing their need for Generation IV E&T and has made available an outreach flyer describing ETWG initiatives.
- ETWG establishes co-operation with other E&T networks (ENEN, AFRO-NEST).
- ETWG maintains a social media platform through which information and ideas are exchanged on general Generation IV R&D topics as well as Generation IV E&T activities.
- ETWG structures and disseminates open E&T materials via social media and the GIF website.
- ETWG proposes, organizes and supports Generation IV E&T workshops, seminars and schools.